Post by dreinsdo on Aug 25, 2020 6:26:28 GMT -8
Hi all, first post here. I am attempting to get a GD3X 7" + Teensy 3.6 running with the hello world code. I am running the gd2 library 'Gameduino2-v1.2.2', Arduino 1.8.10, Teensyduino 1.49, on visual studio + visual micro IDE. Save the gd2 library, the other listed software has been working together without issue. My pinout is:
PIN Teensy 3.6 GD3X
SCK 13 13
MISO 12 12
MOSI 11 11
CS 10 10
+5V Vin 5V
GND GND GND
I am not USB powered, the supply is from an external regulator that steps 12V to 5V. The teensy has been working otherwise for my project, I'm just at the stage of incorporating a display. All is wired with short jumpers. There is no SD card connected to the gameduino nor teensy.
The only modifications to the code I've tried are
- commenting out the eeprom include (saw that on another post)
- running begin as 'GD.begin(~GD_STORAGE)'
- adding a serial.print after the 'GD.begin()'
The last item is how I found the hang on gd.begin, I get to no print over serial. Serial.print otherwise looks fine. Any ideas or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help.
Post by dreinsdo on Aug 25, 2020 10:54:30 GMT -8
Happy to report that this is now working. Two issues:
1. leads too long, 6" works. I thought the jumpers were short, but my 'short' classification must not match up with what's typically considered short. I systematically tried different lengths, shortened my jumpers in steps of 6", down to 6".
2. CS incorrectly wired to 10 as opposed to 8. I was going off of the teensy 3.6 pinout that labels 10 as CS0. This post
helped me get there (looking at the CNCd board)
Hope this helps someone else!